Blog Journal 5

     In my early experiences using Twitter, I honestly did not know how to work it very well. It took some time to figure out, but once I did, I loved it. I mainly interact with my friends and accounts I find funny. I find the funny pages beneficial to me because they always brighten my day. I also love following inspirational quote pages. These are beneficial to me because they tell me what I need to hear and also brighten my day. Twitter might be helpful in my future career because I could interact with other teachers from all over the country, share ideas, and get advice from them.

    The digital divide highly affects student success in schools. Students who grew up around technology are at an advantage compared to students who did not grow up around technology. Some causes of the digital divide are income gaps. Students who are from poor families might not have as much access to technology as students who come from higher income families. This might affect my teaching strategies because I might have to start out teaching every student the basics, even if some already know them, to keep every kid caught up.

    Two software tools I would like to use in my classroom are Quizlet and Prezi. I like Quizlet because it is a great study tool and has personally helped me in my studying. I like Prezi because it is an easy way for students to make powerpoints to present. I would like to use both of these in my classroom because they would also help students learn more about technology.

Comments

  1. hi casey! i like your blog's minimalistic aesthetic :) when i was reading your twitter experience it reminded me of mine like almost exactly! i feel like we all started off not really knowing how to use twitter and also not being exposed to a lot of accounts early on made not very appealing at first. but once your network expands and you get introduced to more accounts, you start to find accounts that you really like and it makes twitter SOOO funny lol! i also agree with you about how the digital divide might affect us as teachers, as i often think about ways to help those at a disadvantage and truly to be fair, we should make sure that each student is at least at the same basic level of understanding before introducing complex material. i would however, argue that while quizlet and prezi are super beneficial educational resources, they may not be software tools since they can be accessed via web domains. they definitely are lifesavers though; i personally don't know what i'd do without them!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Journal 2

About Casey