Blogger 9

    In my experience as a distance learner, there have been pros and cons. One thing I like about distance learning is being able to do my work from the comfort of my room/apartment. One thing I dislike is I do not feel as connected to my teachers, and I feel like it is harder to understand the lesson over Zoom. When I am a teacher, I can help improve the experience of distance learning by making it more interactive where each kid gets a chance to speak.

    Open educational resources (OER) are learning materials that are free for public teacher use that can be changed or shared. An example of an OER is Khan Academy. Khan Academy is a free site teachers can use and make a class code where kids can practice their subjects. It has questions for practice as well as step-by-step instructions on how to solve each question. Teachers can also track their students progress through Khan Academy. https://www.khanacademy.org/signup?isteacher=1

    One new skill I acquired working on the powerpoint assignment is how to add a transition with sound. Another skill I acquired is how to add "next" and "previous" buttons. I honestly really enjoyed both of the powerpoint assignments. One thing I would change is making a way to add "next" and "previous" buttons on all slides at once, instead of doing them all manually.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Journal 5

Blog Journal 2

About Casey