Blog Journal 2

    In my past educational experiences, I have used Microsoft Word many times. I learned how to use it in middle school in our computer lab, and that is where we would go to write our papers and print them. In highschool I almost always used MS Word, as well as, in college MS Word is primarily all I use. I have also used Google Docs but I feel more comfortable using MS Word. I do prefer how Google Docs lets you share the same document; however, I have used MS Word more and believe it is easier to save and transfer files on.

    The ISTE Standard for Educators that is most meaningful to me is "Learner." I believe teachers should learn from their students, as well as, learning new technology and ways of teaching. The "Learner" Standard states how teachers should stay current with research, and I believe this is so important because new ways of teaching are always being created. Some students learn differently from others and may need a different type of teaching to actually learn. I also feel that teachers can learn empathy and caring from younger students, along with patience.

    I do agree that most of today's youth would be considered as "digital natives." A digital native is someone who has grown up around technology and is familiar with is from a very early age. I have definitely seen a difference between how I use technology versus some of my teachers. Sometimes my teacher do not fully understand the way different effects on computers work the way my friends and I do. Also I feel that for the most part, I use technology more for social media than my teachers do. I believe technology has impacted my learning experience in a positive way because it has given me many resources. Some differences I anticipate between my future students and me are that they will be much more comfortable with technology by then than I will be. This goes back to how teachers are always learning. I believe I will have to learn from my future students on how to use certain technology.

Comments

  1. Hey Casey! We are in the same boat regarding MS word! It is basically all I know since thats all I used growing up and still to this day I continue to use it. I also agree with you when it comes to the ISTE standard for educators. I too chose learner as most meaningful to me because the more you know, the more you can teach. I 100% agree with you saying "I anticipate between my future students and me are that they will be much more comfortable with technology by then than I will be". Before us, there was no technology and it just keeps growing more and more everyday.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Journal 5

About Casey